Sometimes, a chrysalis may fall from the lid of the cup. If your chrysalis fell to the bottom of the cup, follow these next steps:
- First, don't worry, your chrysalis is going to be ok!
- Gently scoop your chrysalis out of the cup with a plastic spoon.
- Be sure to remove all of the webbing surrounding the chrysalis with a cotton swab.
- Then lay the chrysalis on a piece of paper towel on the floor of your Butterfly Garden Habitat.
- Try to position the chrysalis near the inside mesh wall of the habitat.
The butterfly will emerge there safely and then will climb up the wall of the habitat to hang, stretch, and dry its wings!